Monday, June 22, 2026

JERRY LEE LEWIS On Larry King Live '96 Interview & Performances!


JERRY LEE LEWIS On Larry King Live '96 Interview & Performances!
 
WHAT MORE DO YOU NEED TO KNOW?




 

23 comments:

  1. Downloaders are asked to "sing for their supper" by sharing their favorite rock & roll movie,

    I'm going with THE GIRL CAN'T HELP IT because it has Gene Vincent & Eddie Cochran in it.

    Your choice might be a "jukebox film" like mine, a documentary, a concert film--or a movie written around an act like HARD DAY'S NIGHT.

    Here's the link:
    JERRY LEE LEWIS On Larry King Live ’96
    https://pixeldrain.com/u/h77rvJTV

    ReplyDelete
  2. COMPLEX WORLD - Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel nightclub in Providence is having a busy night: the owner's politician father is trying to shut the club down, one of the bands is making phone calls to the afterworld, and a pathetic folk-singer/terrorist is planning to make this his night of flaming glory. Includes such musical numbers as "I Married a Tree" and "Why Do We Feed the Broads?" NRBQ as the Beat Legends!
    https://watch.plex.tv/movie/complex-world?utm_content=5d7768a2308bca002032e880&utm_medium=deeplink&utm_source=google-catalog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely watch it. NRBQ is a favorite of mine.

      Delete
  3. Stop Making Sense. They should give oscars for best picture never to get an oscar,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet! Thanks - my film choice is "HeartWorn Highways" - on kanopy for free. https://www.kanopy.com/en/product/heartworn-highways. gosh, this movie is so good - David Allan Coe, Townes Van Zandt, Guy Clark, Steve Young, Steve Earle, Rodney Crowell. The beginnings of “outlaw country.”.. spectacular!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great choice Ex-Mixer. I gave my copy to my nephew!

      Delete
  5. "Rock 'n' Roll High School"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooof. Both of my nominations have been taken - Stop Making Sense and Rock'n'Roll High School.

    I'll nominate Get Crazy, then. Love, love, love that movie. Not just for Lou Reed's devastating Bob Dylan impression.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You rock. Thanks for your thoughtful comment. But I haven't been able to find a clip from it!

      Delete
  7. How can I refuse this Jerry Lee Live collection?! Thanks Stinky. Richard mentioned already Stop Making Sense which is awesome. I just watched URGH, a music war, which I enjoyed a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's not a perfect film by any means (any means)
    But I like Yellow Submarine (Submarine)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once again, we are of a mind, Jon. I've always loved that one! I have huge chunks memorized.

      Delete
  9. I really like American Graffiti from1973. Does that count?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, Lemonflag! It's a stone-cold classic of the genre, imho. And Bob Seger says it influenced him to write MAINSTREET:
      https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/movie-that-inspired-bob-seger-masterpiece/

      Delete
  10. I'll go with Repo Man

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, for me it's A Hard Day's Night and Stop Making Sense, too. However, having just taken my wife, my son, my daughter, my grandson, and my ex-wife to see Los Lobos, I'm gonna toss in LA BAMBA....heck, that film gave Brian Setzer a chance to play Eddie Cochran....

      Delete
    2. draftervoi - a concert with your wife AND your ex-wife? brave man...

      Delete
    3. The Last Waltz

      Delete
    4. A late entry, but a GREAT entry!

      Delete