TISH! THAT”S FRENCH! Vol. 4
No expenses were expensed in coming up with the latest installment of TISH! THAT”S FRENCH!
This FOURTH volume contains a lot of suggestions from regular JONKY visitors/commenters, so merci to everyone who suggested a track or a group—especially Bucephalus who hooked me up with a ton of compilations & turned me onto a lot of new artists, AND songs including; À Celle Qui Dure by M.
I’m currently putting the final touches on Volume 10, which seems like a good place to stop—so no more suggestions, please.
I discovered THE CHAINSAWS all by myself in the cut-out bin sometimes in the 1990’s & even someone with my limited grasp of French can get the gist of J'ai Perdu Mon Phallus.
One can always count on Nouvelle Vague & Eartha Kitt, and Louisiana native Lucinda Williams to fold a little French into their music, & it’s no surprise when jet-setters like Grace Jones, Bill Wyman, & R.E.M. use the language of love in a song.
But there are also born-and-bred French persons in the shape of Jacqueline Taieb, Les Rita Mitsouko, Jaures Stalingrad, & Yves Simon.
We request that downloaders leave a comment or even join the conversation.
ReplyDeletePlease share your choice for the best song by the worst musician.
I'll go first. Speeding Motorcycle by Daniel Johnston gets my vote.
I especially like the version with Yo La Tengo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7hxi4Cq4gE
TISH! THAT'S FRENCH! VOL. 4
https://pixeldrain.com/u/V5MN371B
Merci beaucoup mes amis!
DeleteDe Nada, Alain! Thank you for your comment!
Deletethe playlist never disappoints. There's always something there that satisfies.
ReplyDeleteYou're too kind, Jammy. Thank you for commenting! You made my day.
DeleteMerci infiniment pour tout
ReplyDeleteYou're certainly welcome, Anonymous!
DeleteMy own band. We made a few good songs, no, actually great songs.. We made a couple of hundred songs, and only two or three are something to be proud about.
ReplyDeleteI will nominate the man who inspired me to go into a band and that you don't have to sing to be a vocalist. Norman Carl Odam, aka The Legendary Stardust Cowboy.
He is no musician (He plays Bugle!!) so I have to put in Jad Fair. Monster Island from Everyone knew...but me
Exactly, Richard. No one accomplished so much, with so little, as The Legendary Stardust Cowboy.
DeleteI have some albums by The Ledge and I find them mostly suffering from wromg production. There are live recordings with Patricia Morrison (with a blonde wig) and Kid Congo Powers. Those I like. Imagine what he would have sounded like with a Fall kind of band....
DeleteSo funny for me ...
ReplyDeleteA little gift : a parodic song of Edouard : les hallucinations d' Edouard (the original is : les élucubrations d'Antoine / 1966)
https://pixeldrain.com/u/sXp7xhjx
Those are wild, Sorgual! Thank you.
Delete