Friday, September 27, 2019

DIY Dub

Time for a punky reggae party! DIY Dub is a home brewed compilation inspired by Spiky DreadWild Dub, and Snuffin' In A Babylon. It's a sequel to a cod reggae mix that I made last year.

DIY Dub features recordings from the first era of punk and post punk (1978-86). Most of the artists are British, with the exception of Male and Metal Boys.

Thanks to the blogs Die Or DIY, Holland Tunnel Dive, Rhythm Plague, Skank Bloc BolognaTone And Wave, and Zero G Sound for inspiration and source material.  

There's an interesting story here about how "Lift Off" by The Detonators (the first track on this mix) inspired The Specials to make "Ghost Town". More cod reggae soon come!

7 comments:

  1. DIY DUB: https://tinyurl.com/y6cojjg5

    Several tracks were edited for length to keep the mix under 80 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jonder! - Stinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picked up a copy of your latest the other day, I wanted to have a listen
    before commenting but I have been a little tired out of late unfortunately.
    Looking forward to diving in a little later, thanks.

    - Timebender

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you enjoy it! I spent awhile compiling and sequencing the tracks, and I'm happy with how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been listening to this for the past week. Just can't quit it. Perfect sequencing in my incon-sequential opine. T'anks, brudda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I value your opinion, and this comment made my day! Very glad to know that it is receiving airplay at Casa Nada.

      Delete