Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Be Rough (Not Stiff)

I thought my Rough Trade series had reached its end, then realized that I had neglected a few of the artists and releases from the end of the label's original run. Artists like A.R. Kane, Disco Inferno, and Stars of Heaven.  Records like She Hangs Brightly, Swing The Statue, Jamboree, and The Evening Visits....And Stays For Years

So, one more time for the record.

Here is a helpful list from Discogs of Rough Trade LP's from 1979 through 1990.

Has no one ever covered Microdisney? The Woodentops? Easterhouse?

R.I.P. to David Roback. In the UK, Rough Trade released Rainy Day and Mazzy Star's debut, and reissued Roback's recordings with Opal. The illustration (MES vs Moz) is by Chuck Death (aka Jon Langford).

2 comments:

  1. Be Rough: More Rough Trade Covers

    https://tinyurl.com/ruysolr

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently played Microdisney for my teenager, who said they sounded like John Maus.

    We Must Become The Pitiless Censors Of You South African Bastards.

    ReplyDelete