Thursday, May 28, 2020

St. Elmo's Fire Sale!

Portrait by Peter Schmidt
I don't remember why or when I started collecting them, but I have six dozen Brian Eno covers, and they've got to go.

I can't keep hoarding these things. I'm not going to live forever, and I don't want my kids to have to sort through all this junk after I'm gone. 

So I'm leaving them out on the curb. Take them with you if you want them. No, you can't come inside. I've got nothing but hampers of ironing to do, and my diet pill is wearing off.

The Quietus compiled an article on how cover songs can serve as a "gateway drug" to introduce listeners to the original artists. John Doran confessed to liking The Creepers' version of "Baby's On Fire" better than Eno's. Jonder's rejoinder: the best "Baby's On Fire" is by The 3D's

5 comments:

  1. Six doz. songs from Warm Jets, Tiger Mountain, Green World, and Before'n'After Science.

    http://www.mediafire.com/file/5l24ejbsctwtg9m/EnoCovers.zip/file

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to help get this stuff off your hands but mediafire says "NO PERMISSION"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just checked the link and it seems to be working. Is your browser blocking popups from Mediafire?

      Delete
  3. Looks like there going to be my kids' problem now -- thanks?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bury them in your backyard, like a Brian Eno cover song time capsule. Then perhaps someday, many years from now, Mr and MrsDave's children -- or your children's children -- will rediscover and treasure them.

      Delete