Thursday, August 20, 2020

Rough Trade Singles Part Two

WANTED: Can anyone share digital copies of Martin Pig's "Lovely Rita" single (RT 092), or the first Cosmetic single (RT 102)? I would be greatly obliged! (Update: Thanks to reader Jeff B for RT 088 and RT 113!)

Our third set begins with The Pop Group's single (RT 023). I decided to label The Pop Group, The Red Crayola, and Scritti Politti as the first "post punk" singles in the Rough Trade catalog (for those who are picky about mp3 tags). 

These three groups also released singles that predated the Rough Trade label (The Pop Group and The Red Crayola on Radar Records, and Scritti Politti on its own St. Pancras label).

Here again your humble blogger had to choose whether to include them, and where to put the Spizzoil singles (which were released with RTSO catalog numbers) and the first Essential Logic single (SELL 1).

"Rough Trade Singles BC" features all of the above, as well as the first Metal Urbain single, the first Television Personalities' single, two tracks from the self-titled Kleenex EP that were left off RT 009, and the Protex single (which was co-released by RT and the Good Vibrations label).

Vol. 3 ends with RT 033, a re-release of Television Personalities' 1978 EP. It also includes The Feelies, The Pack, The Monochrome Set, Plastics, Delta 5, and Doctor Mix And The Remix.

10 comments:

  1. Rough Trade "BC" - https://tinyurl.com/y4mv9ema

    Rough Trade Singles Vol 3 - https://tinyurl.com/y3j2szuc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to kbdrecords.com for The Pack (Kirk Brandon's first band), and once again to Mythkoz at disorderareyouexperienced.blogspot.com. I tried to make sure to include the original single versions of songs that were later re-recorded (e.g, The Feelies and Plastics). Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. Thank you very much!

    tsi&hrjs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jonder, we got a vibe going....must be! I just posted the Cosmopolitans CD at the blog as part of a group post for top 12 female led New Wave from NY times and I do believe it has their singles. Thanks for all you do man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oops my band Jonder that is the Cosmopolitans wrong band. aNyhoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for thinking of me! Cosmetic was a NY jazz-funk combo featuring bassist Jamaaladeen Tacuma. I may drop a few bucks on their "New Complexion" single if no one comes up with it. As for "Lovely Rita", I listened to it on Youtube, and I'm not sure I want to hear the b-side!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. The next two will be up later this week. I've finished 12 of them (up through RT 104), and I'm still in 1982. My goal is to reach the end of 1984 (round about RT 150) and stop there. It takes me away for awhile from worrying about the world of today.

      Delete