Monday, December 28, 2020

Wondering Where The Dragons Are

 

Stinky writes, "I saw Bruce Cockburn unexpectedly when I went to see Warren Zevon, and he was the opening act, touring in support of his best album (in my opinion), Dancing In The Dragon's Jaws.  At the very least it's got the best NAME of all his albums.  

"Here's a live track by track recreation of the album with one studio track (to preserve the track order) included, because Cockburn (pronounced CO-burn) never plays 'Northern Lights' live."

Dancing In The Dragon's Jaws was released in 1979, like the two Joe Jackson albums featured yesterday. It includes the single "Wondering Where The Lions Are".

One of the bonus tracks on today's Homemade Album is Bruce Cockburn's version of "Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life" from Life Of Brian

Life's a piece of shit, when you look at it

Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true

You'll see it's all a show

Keep 'em laughing as you go!

Just remember that the last laugh is on you...

6 comments:

  1. Bruce Cockburn's Dancing In The Dragon’s Jaws (Live!):

    https://krakenfiles.com/view/250adb3e6c/file.html

    Another Stinky Production

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job jonder on this top three Bruce album. Humans and In the Falling Dark the other two of top three in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great job by Stinky -- I merely provide the medium through which he shares his magic.

      Glad you are enjoying it, Ace! My kids love your movies.

      Delete
  3. Hiya Ace! I like Humans & Falling In The Dark, as well. All of Cockburn's albums have something to make them worthwhile. Dancing In The Dragon's Jaws is also a great make out album--for those times when putting on Barry White would be too obvious! - Stinky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there Stinky! Keep up the great job on mixes. Yes you are right on about all of Cockburn's albums being worthwhile. Forget Mr. White as Dancing in the Dragons Jaws will take care of all of your make out needs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was about to pass on this as I'm not as familiar with Mr. Cock-burns (CO-burn's) work as I guess I should be but it sounds as if I missed out on some sexy time through my ignorance so maybe it's not too late to make up lost time (it is but ... we can pretend can't we?!)

    ReplyDelete