Sunday, October 29, 2023

Halloween MADNESS 2023!

 

It's almost Halloween!  It's beat time, it's hop time, it's goblin and ghost time!  And your ghost host with the most is Spooky Stinky LeBOO!

There's a whole lotta Halloween hijinks afoot in this creepy compilation: vampires, wolfmen, ghosts, skeletons, headless horsemen, heffalumps and woozles.  Bela Lugosi, Norman Bates, Casper the Friendly Ghost and Boris the Spider are among the ghoulish guests at this freaky fest!

The big names may impress you (The Who, The Damned, Elvis Costello, Little Richard, Brian Setzer, and Commander Cody among them).  But it's the lesser-known gems that (for me at least) make Stinky's Homemade Records a truly unique treat.  Are you familiar with the works of the King Dapper Combo?  The 69 Cats, the Gravediggers 5, and the 4 Flops? Angry Johnny and the Killbillies?  


And check out that tracklist!  Where else can you find "I Work In A Graveyard" by Norman Bates and the Showerheads? Or "Blood-Suckin' Son Of A Gun" by the Stone Coyotes? 

If all of this Halloween Madness seems a bit too intense for your holiday needs, we're still hosting a set of kid-tested and uncle approved Halloween tunes that are suitable for young listeners and the faint of heart.

If you're trick-or-treating around the blogosphere this year, be sure to stop by Groovy LibraryBoss Radio 666, Down UndergroundMoozler Music, La Dimension de Trastos, Themes From Great Cities, Music Hoarder's Record Vault, Fantastic Retrovision, and Opium Hum (where every day is Halloween).  You can also wax nostalgic with the swinging soundtrack to It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown at PP's Halloween Heckhole!

9 comments:

  1. Happy Halloween, everybody! https://tinyurl.com/StinkyLeBOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is George from Groovy Library. Thank you Jonder for the mention. I greatly appreciate it. Also, looking over the tracklist in your mix and noticed the track "Norman Bates." I have the track ready for my next Halloween mix, and thought I found another rare gem, lol. However, the track I have is by The Tailgators. Hmm, maybe it's still kinda rare, lol. Anyway, thank you again and have a happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, George! Is it the same song, or two different songs about Norman Bates? I guess he's just a popular guy -- a bit strange, but he sure does love his mother!

      Folks, be sure to check out the Groovy Library. George is a true Halloween enthusiast, so much so that he starts posting Halloween mixes in early September! He also has some fine Christmas music on offer, and I bet there will be more Xmas mixes this year.

      https://groovylibrary.blogspot.com/

      Delete
    2. Thank you kindly again Jonder. I really appreciate the endorsements. As for the popular (lol) Norman Bates, they are two different tracks. Yours is more fitting to the theme of Halloween. The version I used is hot-jumping rockabilly, and (I think) a lot more lyrics, but aside from the lyrical content, nothing eerie about it.

      As for the Christmas music, I'm pretty sure most (if not all) need to be revised (I've been updating (albeit slowly) several of my older comps with better quality rips all at @320, fix/alter tags, etc, etc). I'll eventually get at them, and although it's an arduous task, I still prefer it to be done. However, I have a ton of Christmas music to share this year, so I'm not sure what I'll do first. But again, I sincerely appreciate the mention. I've added your blog to my blog list. :)

      Delete
    3. Hey George! I also enjoy your blog, and when you mentioned THE TAILGATORS, my thoughts went to Don Leady's band after he left The LeRoi Brothers (who spell it TAIL GATORS). But I see it's by a British Psychobilly band! Thanks for schooling us over on Jonderblog! - Stinky

      Delete
    4. Thank you Stinky! I had no idea The Tailgators were British (maybe I did, but I just didn't clue in, lol). I suppose we should thank you for the schooling :D - anyway, I really like the "Norman Bates" on Jonder's mix. I don't think I've heard it before until a couple of days ago.

      Delete
    5. Hopelessly late, but still many thanks for this spooky fest!

      Delete
    6. File it away for next year's spooktacle, or play it now and be 11 months ahead of your time. Better yet, both! Who am I to tell you how to live your life? The Man can't bust our music!

      Delete
  3. Thanks Stinky -- can never have too much Halloween music. I used to play Halloween music exclusively for the entire month of October (at least on the stereo where everyone has to hear it) but I skipped it entirely this year; I just wasn't feeling it. But taking a year off will no doubt rekindle the spirits (pun intended) next year!

    ReplyDelete