Monday, October 16, 2023

Zip It, Zip It, Zip It!

 

The series continues with another volume of songs about lowering your voice, hushing your mouth, zipping your lip and just plain shuttin' up!

Stinky's served up a few names that are new to me: Western Sizzlers (with Rick Richards from the Georgia Satellites), Brides of Destruction (with Motley Crue and LA Guns members), Walk The Moon, and Japanese garage punks the Fadeaways.

There's blues, country, punk, funk, soul, new wave, hip hop -- but wait, stop the presses!  This just in:  I've been informed by a reliable authority that there is no such thing as new wave.  As it turns out, there was never any such thing as new wave

According to our source, "new wave" was just the polite thing to say when you were trying to explain you were not into the boring old rock ‘n’ roll but you didn’t dare to say punk because you were afraid to get kicked out of the party and they wouldn’t give you coke anymore

There’s new music, there’s new underground sound, there’s noise, there’s punk, there’s power pop, there’s ska, there’s rockabilly -- and now there's Stinky's latest smorgasbord of sound, nearly two dozen slices of tongue biting tuneage.  Shut up and dig in, already.

8 comments:

  1. Zip It! Volume 3: https://tinyurl.com/zipitgooderer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can tell you're not American, otherwise you'd have remembered this obnoxious TV host whose catch phrase was "zip it"- youtu.be/S4S0ddDON8I

      Delete
    2. I bet I'm as American as you are, Ed in DC. You're not even from a state! Back when that obnoxious host was on the air, I think the only TV show I watched was Pee Wee's Playhouse.

      IDK where Stinky lives -- he keeps his identity and whereabouts a secret. He might be a foreign secret agent, sent to infiltrate low traffic music blogs. I've never even met the man (assuming Stinky is a man...). Who can say for sure?

      Delete
  2. Ha ha ha these song titles are so funny when you think about the theme. This is a rich series for me and I am grateful to you and Stinky Le Pew. And remember kids, using cocaine more than a few times will in time change your brain permanently so avoid anything like that for regular use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man -- we're grateful for your visits and your comments!
      Maybe "new wave" can be the polite way of saying that you're all partied out and you don't want any more cocaine.
      "Another bump, bro?"
      "No thanks, I'm new wave."

      I think I suggested the Mats and "China Girl" for this one. There's more punk (and just a dab of new wave) in Volume 4.
      In the words of Saint Paul (Westerberg): "Shut up you suck fuck you good luck!"

      Delete
  3. Ed in D.C.--you refreshed my memory regarding the obnoxious, chain-smoking Morton Downey Jr. I hadn't thought of him in years. Did you know he STARTED out to be a singer? Viacomclosedmedown, we appreciate you stopping by and leaving a comment. This series certainly lends itself to humor. I worked out Volume 5 today, but I think we're just about run the concept into the ground. Any more, and we'll "Jump The Sharknado." - Stinky Le Pew

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one, many thanks again to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m thrilled you’re enjoying them, Art58koen. Thanks for the comment & stay tuned for MORE! - Stinky

    ReplyDelete