Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Scavenged Leftovers

  
It's a bit late for a Thanksgiving themed mix. The leftovers in the fridge are almost gone, and Christmas catalogs are already arriving in the mail. I didn't finish this mix until yesterday, but I'd hate to put it in the freezer or let it go to waste.

Consider it an all-purpose holiday food mix. Many of the dishes that will be served at Christmas are the same ones that Americans enjoyed last week: turkey and dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy, all types of beans, and all types of pie. 

Good golly, there are a lot of songs about cornbread! I'm serving up three of them, along with a full menu of tunes about turkey, gravy, cranberries, ham, potatoes (sweet and mashed), green beans, butter beans, collards, and more. My guests include Tom T. Hall, Wild Bill Moore, Big Boy Pete, and Dee Dee Sharp. There's a place at the table for you to join us, and I hope you've brought your appetite. Apples, peaches, pumpkin pie...

2 comments: