Friday, December 25, 2020

He Spells His Name S-T-I-N-K-Y

 

If you hung around the Twilight Zone a couple of years ago, you might remember Stinky compilations like "Hey, Check Out My Cheesy Organ!"

One of my favorites was called "Do I Need To Spell It Out?" It featured songs like "Respect" and "D-I-V-O-R-C-E".

Today we have a brand new Volume 2 as well as the first volume. The new one starts with The Wild Seeds and ends with You Am I, my favorite band from the Southern Hemisphere. In between, we are treated to "W-O-M-A-N", "B-A-B-Y" and "W-I-F-E" -- but no "Mannish Boy"? 

I sent Stinky a few more suggestions;  please add a comment if you have any ideas for Volume 3!  

3 comments:

  1. https://www.mediafire.com/file/abfoxs29w8ptdr1/Do_I_Need_To_Spell_It_Out-.zip/file

    https://www.mediafire.com/file/iislkmgg58t824i/D0_I_Need_T0_Spell_It_0ut-_V0l._2.zip/file

    Another Stinky Production

    ReplyDelete
  2. A CHRISTMAS BONUS: Maybe you've heard (or heard of) the fan-made compilation series "Fathers And Sons Of Garage Rock", "Low Fi Ladies" and/or "A Reference of Female-Fronted Punk Rock". These are true labors of love, carefully sequenced and spanning multiple volumes. As a service to the listening public, somebody shared all three series here: https://www.xtrmntr.com/overcompensating/

    Now, if I only had all the volumes of "Scavenged Luxury" and "Atomic Shockwaves" -- maybe Santa will hook me up if I promise to be a good boy in 2021.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Many thanks to the contributor of those three series! They're really great, and I had gaps in my collection! - Stinky

    ReplyDelete