Sunday, May 30, 2021

London's Burning? Dial 999!

 

999 was one of the "Class Of 1977" bands of the London punk scene, and still exists today. A new 999 album called Bish! Bash! Bosh! was released in 2020, and the group is still fronted by Nick Cash and Guy Days.

Stinky has compiled two sets of 999 classics: The Best of 999 Live (not to be confused with this 2006 concert recording) and The Best of 999 In The Studio

The two sets have similar tracklists, with great 999 tunes like I'm Alive, Nasty Nasty, Inside Out, Obsessed, Emergency, English Wipeout, Me & My Desire, and Feeling Alright With The Crew. 999's versions of Fortune Teller and Little Red Riding Hood are also included. Enjoy!



8 comments:

  1. 999's Best In The Studio:

    https://www.mediafire.com/file/poaphtjkf4490nv/9-9-9s+B3st+In+The+$tudio.zip/file

    999's Best Live:

    https://www.mediafire.com/file/u8vvuf0tobp7qck/9-9-9s+Be$t+L!VE!.zip/file

    Another Stinky Production!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Looks great ... but no Homicide?!?!?! Ah well, I'll still happily "take it" as the song says "That's the truth of it take it or leave it"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I asked Stinky the same thing: "You don't like Homicide?" Maybe he doesn't believe in it. I guess we can add it to these collections ourselves, MrDave!

      Delete
  3. Bless you Stinky. These are gonna be played long and loud..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dave & Jon, you'll have to take my word for it that I'm hanging my head over here at the omission of HOMICIDE. Especially since it was the band's first big single, and its title dovetails with their name being Britain's number for Emergency Services (their 911). "There's been a homicide--dial 999! In my defense, I love so many of 999's songs, it was hard to make it a single CD collection. They were one of the most consistent bands out there--and as Jonder pointed out they're still going strong! - Stinky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent job! Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see you, RockAndre! Thank you for the kind words over on Guitars101, & I'm glad you liked these collections! - Stinky

    ReplyDelete