Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Halloween 2026 Vol. 1 RESIDENTS Zombina & The Skeletones RUBY STARR & GREY GHOST Eric Ambel & MORE!



Halloween 2026 Vol. 1

Regular visitors know that I'm a big fan of Halloween music.  This year, I've gone overboard even for me.  

Last year, I tried to include more songs that weren't strictly aimed at October airplay, & I was happy with the result.  I had enough songs left over after 2025's mix that I had a huge jump on 2026, & I wound up having enough for five volumes.

On Vol. 1 there are a couple of cuts by artists you don't associate with All Hallows Eve, like TIM POLECAT, & THE STRAWBS, NOUVELLE VAGUE & THE SILVER KING BAND.  

There are artists that are less surprising: ZZ TOP, THE RESIDENTS, & MEGADEATH.  

And there are acts that come as no surprise to anyone: THE CRAMPS, THE GRAVEDIGGER V, & THE FUZZTONES.

So pop this collection on your stereo, curl up with your favorite werewolf, neck with your favorite vampire, or inventory the bats in your belfry!




 

19 comments:

  1. Today's question? What is your favorite monster movie?

    Mine is probably ALIEN.

    HALLOWEEN 2026 Vol. 1:
    https://pixeldrain.com/u/swmo2iN4

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it counts (nudge nudge, wink wink, counts) Nosferatu both the Murnau and Herzog. Together with Metropolis and M they are the best movies ever, anywhere. (Also King Kong and Boris's original Frankenstein)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty Page est ma pin up préférée ;...
    Et mon film préféré est Freaks de Tod Browning (1932)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to see you over here, Sorgual!

      Delete
    2. That wolfman is a lucky man indeed to have both paws on Bettie's booty.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I have to ask, Will... the original, or the remake? Both have lots of reasons to recommend them.

      Delete
  5. This looks like a fun comp! Thank you! Favorite monster movie? "Cabin in the Woods" for the modern era, for classic era I'd have to say I love the campy stuff and am on board with so many that MST3K has shown, hard to pick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure Mooz! I'll check out CABIN IN THE WOODS. If you're a fan of films like IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE, may I suggest you sample Vol. 4? It features some familiar spooky music from that MST3K style film.

      Delete
    2. "Cabin in the Woods" is a wonderful tribute to horror film tropes as well as a great monster movie in itself. I'm tempted to go with The Thing (1982) or the original Alien, but my all time favorite is and always will be Phantasm.

      Delete
    3. Alien was the first movie in which spaceships and their crew looked convincing to me (unlike Star Wars!) + it scared the crap out of me! Cabin in the Woods is great as well, especially because of the twist at the end...

      Delete
  6. willow creek!

    okay, not really, but i recommend it ... and i'll second cabin in the woods, too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Billy, I'll add it to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tobe Hooper's 1981 movie The Funhouse is my all-time favorite. I think the author of the book Slasher Movies, JA Kirswell, is writing a book about the film, right now. In the meantime, Scout Tafoya's book Cinemaphagy: On the Psychedelic Classical Form of Tobe Hooper is a great one, with a chapter on The Funhouse.

    Another film critic, whose name escapes me, published (over several years) a blog analyzing The Funhouse, shot for shot. It's catnip for fans of the film - very insightful. It is still online:

    https://tobehooperfunhouse.blogspot.com/

    I'm also a fan of Willow Creek. Bob Goldthwait directed it. He originally intended to make a Christopher Guest-style mockumentary about Bigfoot believers, but he ended up liking the real people (some of whom are in the movie) so much, he decided he didn't want to make fun of them. So he shot Willow Creek as a straight, found footage horror movie, instead. It's better for that, I think. When you hear the Bigfoot scream in the film, you can tell it's Bobcat voicing the creature if you listen closely.

    (I'm. big horror nerd)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, James! You really "came to work to work" & worked overtime! Thanks for the suggestion of WILLOW CREEK. Bobcat is one of the nicest celebrities you'll ever meet!

    You win the coveted NO-PRIZE:
    https://www.mediafire.com/view/gh1ihqh5gw6l2d5/Marvel_No-Prize.jpg/file

    ReplyDelete