Sunday, June 14, 2026

Use Your Frequency Illusion: Triple Song Titles Strike Again

I may have stopped actively looking for triple song titles, but they seem to keep finding me.  When I'm reading blogs or other music-related sites on the internet (which is almost daily), a song with three (or more) of the same word in its title will often catch my attention.   

The phenomenon of seeing the same thing again and again, and the sensation that it must be more than a coincidence, is known as the Frequency Illusion (or the Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon).  Today I'm sharing songs that went into a folder as they came to my attention.  One song is from one of Richard's whistling compilations, and another is from Stinky's recent feature on the music of Wazmo Nariz.

It's entirely possible that some of the songs in today's collections have appeared in earlier volumes, There are now almost 30 volumes, and it's almost impossible to keep track.  And I have more!  Too many more...

Today's share includes a MYSTERY TRACK!  I saved one of the songs without checking to make sure that it was tagged with the artist's name. Can you identify it? I have nothing but the title ("Really, Really, Really").  The length is 3:24, if that helps. It sounds like garage rock with punk and psychedelic touches.  I couldn't find it on Allmusic, Discogs, or RateYourMusic; and Shazam can't identify it.  Can you?  


The mystery track is the last song on today's compilation Koochie Koochie Koochie.  You can download it individually (rather than the entire comp) if you just want a go at solving the mystery.  


10 comments:

  1. Koochie Koochie Koochie: https://pixeldrain.com/u/mgY8BQcu

    Hits Hits Hits: https://pixeldrain.com/u/U2yvnWNA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Really, Really, Really, but I'm not sure who sings it, either.

      Thanks for more triples.

      Delete
  2. Thank you, thank you thank you, I am not able to name the artist either. Really really really challenging

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really, really, really is a challenge. Seems to be from the garage rock revival, which could be any decade after the 1960's. I don't think it's from the original garage rock era, because those bands rarely (if ever) used the F-word. And the fast part of the song seems to have a punk energy to it. The singer sounds American.

      I tried searching for some of the more unique lyrical phrases, like ""infestation legislation at your gas station" and "I left my schoolhouse for only a moment". No success.

      I finally put all the triple tracklists into one folder. I was disappointed to realize that at least 8 of the songs on these two compilations already appeared in earlier volumes. Oh well! I also realized that there have been 46 of these comps posted on the blog! (That's if you include the quadruples, the triple band names, and the five volumes of "Love Love Love" songs). So keeping up with which songs have been shared is also really, really, really challenging.

      Yesterday I received a lovely email from Hal, who shared two dozen triple song titles that haven't been posted yet! Plus there are still many more songs from you (Richard) that haven't been sorted into CD-length compilations yet. There's enough to reach a total of 50 compilations, if not more. If each set averages 20 songs, that will be at least a thousand triples. Who would have imagined so many?

      Delete
    2. True, and it happens all the time. Things we download and when we get distracted, we miss out on checking and are left with songs that have no title, no band name etc. Zips of which you don't know the password and where they are from, Free jazz with no title, no artist. It must happen when an enthoustiastic walking chaos gets distracted inbetwen half a million downloads.
      Songs doubling on compilations, that is bad. Tripling is ok. I soon realised that the amount would be significant. And that is also true when we do not incude cover versions! As you say above, the active search is over, and we collect what we find along the way.

      Delete
  3. I gave 3xReally a try as well, sorry guys, the mystery remains...

    ReplyDelete
  4. However I did find this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO-hIXFqeyU Not sure If you had it already or not...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, that's a good one! Love it. To the top of the pile it goes -- thanks thanks thanks!

      Delete
  5. I really really really like this. Thanks for the heads up Koen

    ReplyDelete